Jan 17, 2006

One True Soldier

He's been through war,
but that won't bring him down.
Little was known about his past reputation of "class clown".
Kids used to tease him about being the outkast of his class.
Yet he'll admit that he enjoyed it while it lasted.
If some one stepped up to him,
he'll put up a fight,
and he'll do it with a smart mouth-
now who does that sound like?
He has explored many different things,
fearless of what he might have to face.
He's gotten pass many obstacles in his way,
no matter how hard the fight, he'll keep up his pace,
leapin' from state to state.
He has taken big blows for us over and over again,
but always managed to stand.
He got a family now,
with his new born baby girl Roxanne.
December 2 of 2005 was the date.
Her daddy goin' away for a while 'cause he need to train,
but on February 16, he gotta hop on that plane,
because we don't dare put our president to shame.
Soon he's gonna be on his way to Iraq,
and even sooner his family will be wonderin' when will he be back.
He's too strong for anyone to bring him down,
'cause even if he falls,
he'll rise right back up from the ground.
He must have this guardian angel that keeps him on his feet,
because through his exhaustion,
he'll never be weak.
Jayson, I've looked up to you for a while now,
because you've always picked me up when I fell down,
always stitched me up when I got hurt,
always gave me a hug when you were proud of me,
always cheered me up when my father yelled at me,
always tied my shoe laces when I forgot how to tie them together.
Jayson if I kept goin' it will take forever.
Jayson you are the one true soldier
in my life,
the one comfertable shoulder
that I can lean on.
We share this special bond that can never break.
We won't give it up, no matter what's at stake.
Not even the Gods can tear this bond apart,
'cause no matter what happens,
you'll always be in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/17/2006

    Wow, it was so moving. Miguel this poem has brought out the real you in a sense. The words were so incredible. Not too many people can express a bond between two individuals but you did. Keep up the nice poetry

    ReplyDelete
  2. this poem was very heart-warming. The bond that u share with your uncle is great and through your poem it represents an emotion thats very deep. what ryan said is true. through this poem and world war 3 you've given us the chance to see the real you.

    ReplyDelete