Feb 3, 2006

Slam Week!

Yeah, it's finally here and the competition so far has been both fierce and praiseworthy. Of course speaking as a teacher, I always seem to think the students are awesome, but in this particular case, they truly are; all of them. I am continuosly amazed by the abilities, and emotions these students bring to their performances, as well as the amount of time, effort, NRG, and passion that exemplifies the habits of dedicated poets. Whether they stuck with one poem throughout, tweaking similies and metaphors until it sounded just right, or if they continued to decide from among many poems, waiting until those final weeks before the slam to really decide, and even then still had some doubts...they all brought it to the table and slammed well. And as we are still in the midst of competition, I can only expect the poetry to get better.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/06/2006

    Very true
    I believe with these poems they can and will exceed and become champions again. I mean their poems are deep and well written there is no way we can lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Ryan, I was speaking about all of the poets involved in this years competition, but I of course have the same confidence in our team as you do. They certainly put in enough time and practice this year.

    ReplyDelete