Feb 16, 2007

13?/life


When I meet him he was a virgin
To my words
But at the end of my appearance
Virginity was no longer in his vocabulary
13 ?
he asked how is it that I had seen
Murder
How could it be that God let such sin blind me
But I’m not blind
For I can see every thing these eyes were created to bear witness
And sure many times
I ask why me?
But I can only look down at my feet in sorrow for so long
before my neck starts to cramp up
So no matter what image is branded in my mind it will only be a memory
And
A memory lives
Off time
And time is what I can not waist nor change
So I must deal and move on
And sure it sounds like a card game but what more is life
Than a game that I must play.
Wining is my only goal
For I can’t rest in peace unless I have taken this victory
13 ?
he asked with the look of surreal on his face because
The scares on my skin
are a disgrace
because it was placed their by me
But what he does not see
is that scars represent what was
and this is what Is now
and
what is now
is me
with no blade in hand
because I have a man that will listen to my cry and even
Dry my tears
So I declare
that today the blade is my worst enemy
And no I will not keep my enemies closer than my friends.
So as he sat across from me with his face twisted tight because he could not fathom that fact that I was only 13 and that my mind as reached this level of awareness to all
That was wrong with life from domestic violence to war
from pollution
To abuse
from suicide to teen pregnancy
I have seen all
This simply to see more
I have been tasted in all the wrong ways and I hate this time of the year because on the 17 I will be forced to relive that day
In a way stronger than any other day would have had an impact on my
Memory
but memories lives off time
and time is what I can not waist nor change
so hopefully scale will be held on that day
So I could lose my self in thing my mother clams to have lost her first child to
Poetry.
13?
he asked how I mange to stay sane if my life seems to be based around pure insanity
I simply reply 13 is a number
and my words are life
13 will change
but life is the same
u live
u die
what is done in between that time determines if you win this game or lose
and sure mistakes will be made
but realizing and correcting your faults is how you win
so yes I’m only 13
but that will change
Life
will always be the same.




(so what do u think?)





1 comment:

  1. Luv IT!!! Really, this poem has real fuck*ng attitude and the images you create in it can really be viewed in one's mind, and i can just see it being performed already! ah , man, i wish i was bac home...good luck.

    ReplyDelete