Mar 5, 2009

Funeral

Connected by navels [naval]
My heart sinks in this titanic event
Salt brushes my left cheek, and this rose seems to be glued to my hand
I can’t drop it
My lips quiver, and clutch my face
My waist
I waste my life sitting in this place
But the grass keeps growing and the stones still gray
…I can’t drop it
I can still remember when her smile could lift my soul up
Could lift me under her bosom and feed me
So I could hold up
Support was never a problem
I would make my inconsistent bars for hours
Put the work in for ours
Put the roof over for my sister
Over my brother
My baby nephew I miss him
Wish I could kiss her before they killed them
How does it feel with out her? Like a life in prison
I can’t drop it
They would be remembered as blocks of cement?
That’s all they ever meant?
Spent years crying in this bed
I live with the bible by my side with God’s Amen
Amen
Thank him
I’m still breathing
My ribcage still closed
If only I saw her eyes before they closed
Before her pulse fell
Before her heart stop
Before I left the house
Before 12 o’clock [doomsday]
I can’t drop it
My eyes stare up
As if the sun could show me the way
Point me in the right direction
Show me the guidance
That’s in God’s eyes as healthy corrections
But I’m here
Mourning the past
Mourning the dead
Looking at the tombstone and still it read
Rest in Peace R & B and Hip-Hop
And I can’t drop….

No comments:

Post a Comment