Mar 8, 2006

Influence 2/don't you see

No offense to anyone who loves hip-hop and rap


Sometimes I feel the emotion that you don’t understand
The emotion that’s exploding inside my mind every time someone says a rhyme that is influential
Not an encouraging but the shit that that hits me hard in the stomach
“Smoke them trees”, “Popping Cris”, “Getting laid”
They say
No better yet they promote
They support the fact that teens start doing dope and blowing leaves
And get locked up for something they seen on their television screen
I can’t take it!

Teens smoke pot, and get shot, why?
Because they learned
Right in their home their shown the wrongs things and their not alone
Even children are starting to pick up theirs ways and start to smoke haze at an early age
I have nothing against hip hop but when this shit stops and rap start to flip flop to an encouraging mood
Then the world will change for the better

It seems that no one sees what I see
Because we still buying their albums still commit crimes
And still getting locked up 10 at a time
Still smoking, drinking and worshipping their rhymes
But I guess no one sees what I see

I put heart and soul into this poem unlike many rappers today
This poem has a heartfelt meaning and it is seemingly has some curses
But first is the fact that many rappers don’t care about you it is your money
It is funny because we fall into these obvious traps
That is laid out to cause mishaps
And people wonder why they are almost broke
When they got a surround sound stereo to blast their 50 cent CD’s
And I believe it is their fault

I find myself questioning, wondering to myself
Why the hell don’t you see?
Is it just me?
Or you just don’t care; do I have to spell it out for you?
Their many people that get influenced by stupid hip hop songs
That you sing along and you don’t care

This is the emotion that you don’t understand
The emotion that’s exploding inside my mind every time someone says a rhyme that is influential
But now that you seen this, read this, fed this into your mind
Now comprehend it
Look at your influence what can you do about it………
ASOLUTELY NOTHING
Because no one sees what we see

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, guess I was waiting for one of the other guys to comment first...

    So, I believe you've clearly stated what you wanted to in this poem. Your voice pours out strongly. As a suggestion to tighten it up a bit though, try playing around with your line breaks (...and lay off the fancy colors and font changes, they take away from your powerful words...) Other than that, once again your probably the most prolific writer/poster we have in the Fam, so keep it comming strong.

    ReplyDelete