Mar 4, 2006

Slamfam 4ever

I hate that I have to leave this year but I believe that there is always hope
Now no more will I have to outdo the true poets and no more will I lose
Now I have hope and pride that I can survive without being confined by walls of school
I can believe in my self but I will always be apart of Slamfam
Looking back at Mr. Craig taping with that cam and the trill reciting my poems, no matter how scared I am I’ll remember Slamfam
Looking back at the day I started departed from my old self and finding where my heart is
Looking how I progress no less than you and still trying being at my best trying to surpass but still can’t outlast the performance you put on
I am not Issaka but I didn’t lose all my hope when I lost
I still continue my quest to be the best and progress and exceed my standards of “poetry”
But I will still be apart of Slamfam
But how will I be the best if my emotions are trapped in a 200 sheet notebook
I want to let it out but I doubt that I can
But I still will be apart of Slamfam

Wow I feel that no matter what the problem I’ll solve them before it gets to me
Because that’s what a true poet does
They write, type, tweaking the poetry just right because that’s what a true poets does
And that’s what we are, we are the stars
Still in our prime but still kicking ass and leaving people in awe……
Yeah I’ll miss you guys
From Mr. Craig to my friends that I hope the journey never ends and I can’t pretend that I won’t miss you guys because it’s not true
Just like Mauricio fuck the contest we all already know that we are the best
So why bother?

I remember back in 6th grade writing our first page hoping we have a message to say
But we didn’t
Well look at us now traveling the town and shouting our name aloud
Just so we can get the word out
Guess they did because look at the recognition it seems like our mission to get they word out is making people listen

Next year we will be gone and I hoping this poetry still live on
No matter where you go just remember Through all the hardship and through all endeavors it will be Slamfam 4ever

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/04/2006

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, I feel that poem, can't wait to see the rest, i've been working on something like that to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best poem you ever wrote
    not too many rhymes
    easy to understand
    and true to you and true to us

    ReplyDelete