Sep 11, 2006

...Empty Nest...

So, that day is finally upon us. What day you may ask? Well, not that day that everyone is probably thinking, no, that day is getting enough coverage already - and that's not what we're about. No, the day I'm writing about is the first day that you're all gone. The first time I can actually say, none of you are any longer here. Of course there are those of you who are still somewhat local, attending schools around the city, but with the exception of Miguel, no one has come to visit. Of course, I understand, I truly do. You need to establish your knew identities, get a foothold in your new places. I really do understand. My only hope is that none of you ever forget what we were able to accomplish in such a short period of time. From the childish antics of sixth grade, to video-conferencing with the First Minister of Scotland, you are some truly inspirational people. I miss you, I really miss you. And yet when I really think about it (and I do a lot...) I always knew this day would come, and we'd have to adjust. I'm not going to try and lie about the heaviness in my heart though, in fact, I made a little fool of myself the other day when I was walking down the hall. I decided that I'd stop by and pop my head in the door, like I did at various times of the day, but I really had forgotten you wouldn't be there. I rounded the corner and peeked in...Only Jesica looked at me strange; she knew I had messed up, and she silently, with a sly grin shook her head. I just turned and sauntered away...Damn.

On a more cheerful note I need all of your mailing addresses now that you are fully entrenched in your new surroundings. Don't post them here, that's a little too public, but you can post them as a new topic only as a draft. I need to send some of you some things. Don't be alarmed, it's nothing serious, but it will put a smile on your faces, and decorate your walls at the same time.

Please, when you read this, if you have internet access wherever you are, post a response. Let me know you’re healthy and still into the site, and be well. Best of luck with all you attempt this year (although to quote Carissma this year, "We didn't need luck, we knew how hard we had prepared...") I agree, and instead of luck then, I wish you great preparation. Miss you all.

Mr. C

4 comments:

  1. Ahh Mr. C, u almost made me cry man, seriously. Well, I left 4 berkshire at 4 am last saturday, and u know, mom was crying, i held my tears 4 later, and dad was saying "Just be careful", and i was like "Fu*k, i'm on my own", then cried, i miss all of ya, but i miss my baby bro like crazy my dudes...my e-mail will be a draft like u said

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo mr c wats up
    of coarse this is the one and only carissma here to tell u all that im still alive.
    High school is great even though i really miss u all and u all are my best friends and u all were there for me i feel like im with people who understand me and my art of music and dont be alarmed but everyone says that im starting to talk white
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so sweet, oh well now ur stuck with me ha-ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mr. c. please now u're the one who's try to make us cry. right now i'm about to, but i'm fighting it, doesn't seem to be working... there isn't one time that i don't think of all of u guys. everyday u guys are on my mind, and i think why the hell did i leave something i love. my mom sent me a message the other day crying saying she couldn't live without me and missed me, and i felt so bad. sometimes when i'm in english honors i think of u and mr.donohue and everything u guys taught me (i got an A on my first essay), when i'm in advanced algebra 1 i think of ms.dexter and how everything seems so easy to me because i learned this already and well. i'm trying to join the fresbie club. i want as much connection to ya as much as possible to all those memories. sometimes when i wake up to go to school i think i better wake up or i'll have to walk fast to 145 beofre ms. dexter says "you're late, go get a late pass". see mr.craig we're all alike, making the same mistakes. me and brawnny are finally talking though my mom still can't get him to say i love u to me.
    most of the time, i can't find time to call my dad, so he thinks i don't miss him. i'm finally over "everything" or in the process. i thought would never be.
    and remember to wish issaka a happy birthday today. when my mom came for mine on the 24th, i saw a more serious and mature me, but i was scared cause i saw i was changing. damn, u finally made me cry now...

    ReplyDelete