Dec 14, 2005

Life

What if the first tears I shed didn't have a purpose?
Was it worth it?
A challenge spent with a mother,father and two brothers living at the corner of my troubles.
Is this life?
Do I still have more to go?
The years of a sleeping mind finally woke up at the age of seven.
The day I saw the truth of a mother and father and the decorations of red and a Friday the thirteenth mirror.
Was it a dream or reality?
Is this life?

The streets I walk daily to a place filled with differences.
The streets I walk back to my prison where I face the bellows of a mother and a son that grew up too much.
He's not the same and he reminds me of my father.
Is this life?
Did this lead to the fight between father and sonnear College Ave?
A father has to look up at his sons.
Is this funny or shameful?
Is this life?

I guess he's too short to confront his responsibilities now that he's got back his
freedom from a jealous woman that has six kids, I think some from different "men".
If life is limited, how did all this happen to make me feel I'm living an eternity?
My mother has butterflies because she can finally have hopes of going back to
visit the country where a jealous man that sent someone to kill the captin of a
ship where she sailed side by side with her father and his ship.
Is this life?
Is life that board game that you get as a birthday present?
You can't play life over and over again.
You can cheat in life but when you cheat in this life, there's only so little that you can mend.

Is this life?


Is this life?


Is this

lIFE?

By Dalisbeth

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/14/2005

    powerful stuff.....
    But one slight tiny problem
    You keep jumping around it is not straight forward. Needs work but it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo,
    it seems like you comin' out in the open now.
    It definitly good stuff man-wait i mean girl.
    i messed up my bad.
    I think you need to make your poem attention grabing all the way through because after a while i got kind of bored.
    i guess i need to hear the performance first to get the full effect of the poem so now that you stepped up and posted it, you should step up and perform it.

    ReplyDelete