Jun 6, 2008

Just Don't Let Go

Just...
please, hold that thought
Its not to cut you off,
its just to keep those memories alive
Never have i struggled so much to remember
what it was like to speak those words
Those words that bound me to you in every way i
ever hoped for
Each word,
Each phrase
Each verse
Written so creatively, yet instinctively to the heart, so
Don't
Just don't leave me here to wonder what i'd do without you
Because there's not one minute of my life that goes by that i don't suffer
Reaching out to you has become more difficult beyong belief
But what can i do?
Let...Go?
How could i?
You surge through every vein that brings life to my very being
It's mere repetition is how i live, i love, i laugh
The reason why every painted hand, crescent foot, and existing voice has a meaning
Although your beat is faint, i won't leave you,
i won't give you up
My inspration is nowhere to be found, but
Try your best to be my saviour
Just don't let go of me

4 comments:

  1. Will do Ms. Beth!, i felt nice suspense in the poem, it's one of those poems that could be performed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooow u on a roollllllll loving the emotion

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i need to get up on my game ..........yo everyone need to start writing again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...but it's great to see you all on here again, I know I've been "absent" too.

    Dalisbeth, this has a warm quality to it. Like Mauricio said, it could be performed, or left written as is. Either way, it's beautiful, and nice to see you at it again.

    ReplyDelete