Oct 24, 2005

A Student

Every single one of you knows what i've been through this year
Staying up late doing projects, typing essays, and studying for tests

I got tired of people insulting me like it was a daily thing to do
I wanted to become a dangerous werewolf with saber-like fangs so i can get back at them
But it's like those insults were actually silver bullets that just killed me
I remember that at one point i felt so depressed that i started to cry
My nose turned a light red, and my tears were slowly rolling down my face, the drops splashed on my page in my shameful disgrace
I also got sick of being called something i'm not
Do you know how it feels to be called a pervert?
People calling you someone that's desperate
People calling you someone who's nasty
If someone didn't deserve love, a pervert is that person
Yeah sure, i acted a little silly before, maybe a bit childish and immature, but i was only playing like when you start saying you're a famous actor, or a pumped up slicked down gangsta rapper

I got tired of the teachers who taught this year, tired likewhen you just put too much load on the saddle of a horse
I know what i'm saying is disrespectful, but it's my opinion and i hope my teachers are listening
I got yelled at for small things, they failed for no logical reason at all
One of them even disrespect me often
Why should i let that happen?
To me these teachers were like cheap video games for my xbox
One game was dim-witted, it's instruction manual provided no instructions!
One had ugly graphics that made it seem like it was a game for Nintendo 64, not my xbox
Another had too many levels, so many that it made me feel like i was never going to beat it
One was just boring because all the stages were easy and the shallow storyline just didn't please me

I got so irrated this year because of all the work i had to do
So many projects that had to be done, so many events were going on
It seemed that way too many plugs were getting plugged into the outlet of my mind
It was overwhelming
Sometimes i stayed up doing homework till 2, or 3, and 4 o'clock in the morning
A couple of times i didn't even sleep at all
So i barely slept during the night, then woke up and went to school just to get yelled at by my teacher?
There was always something i had to do
I never had time for myself or for my family
I had a tough job and this job practically required me to work 25 hours in a 24-hour day
I wanted to quit , I wanted to get fired, but i knew i couldn't
When i could've been enjoying my xbox i wasn't because i was working on a report
When i could've been learning how to take care of my baby brother i wasn't because i had to complete a power point presentation
When my cousins came over i couldn't play with them because i had to study for a test
On mother's day i broke my mom's heart by telling her that i still had homework to do
That statement to her was like getting hit right in the face with a bat by a professional wrestler
My God! All this work made me crumble like when a building collapses on the ground
So i'll be leaving this year sad, angry, and with a frown
And hoping, just hoping next year i 'll have a better go round

2 comments:

  1. This is the great poetry manual that explains all the heartaches of a student written by the one of a kind mauricio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't understand this, i don't understand this! i know i don't write as much poetry as way-j or migg but can't i get some comments. i know my poem might not be appealing to most but it came from my heart. i wrote it around 1 or 2'o clock in the mornin and a lot of my friends thought it was hot! Can you write a poem that early man with the poem still being good. (Waiting for an answer...) Exactly! I know you can't! Ya ungrateful peoples. Ya get me mad! YA GET ME MAD!

    i was just playing everybody, i just want more feedback.

    ReplyDelete