Oct 25, 2005

The Time is Now!

People wanna act,
talk smack,walk,
n look at others wrong,
which makes other kids just try to right some wrongs,
but they can't right no wrongs.
They might be wrongin' that wrong.
The song in this poem.
That's why I'm writin' this poem
'cause no one can out poem this poem!

Don't get it twisted.
Don't confuse this poem for a rap.
This poem's a poem
and it's just that.
It might come off as a rap,
but excuse me sir..
are you writin' this?
C'mon get back!

Don't ever tell me what to write and fix,
I'm nice that's it!
I write what I feel 'cause that's just how I feel.
Don't tell me,
I tell you what's real.
Do you think that you've been out in the fight?
The fight for time?
Haha!Yeah right!
The time is now.
Let's do this.
The time is right.
I'm doin' this slam by choice!
I'm here to win the battle,
not the fight!
C'mon ya know I'm just tryna advance,
but I'm already
too advance for me,
I'm crazy you see.
I'm a pro in this game,
and ya just rookies.
I'm so advanced I'm a make it to the damn slam hall of fame,
and ya gon' be chantin' my name!

The flow to this poem grows
with every second that goes by.
Kidz ya need to recognize,
and understand who ya challengin',
cause you know and I know that ya betta be in this to win,
cause you know I am
ready to do whatever it takes to win.
I won't do anythin' but all the things that I can,
cause my boyz, Marz, Izz, and WayJ are in this with me to the end.
This is our chance,
our chance to shine.
This is our time,
our time to rise,
our time to rhyme,
our time to climb
that ladder that keeps fallin' every time
we create a rhyme.
The time is now!

I ain't goin' nowhere,
but to the top.
I can't be stopped.
My wordz I've rocked.
The time I've stopped,
I've stopped the clock.
Frozen faces upon
young ones,
upon different races.
The race is on
to be number one,
but this ones differunt,
it will never be done,
we must never give up,
this is the time for us,
because the time is now!

When it comes to slam poems,
you know that mines just are the joint.
You know all we needed to win that last slam was only one more point.
So now that the world know it,
let me finish this right here.
When it comes to compition, man I have no fear.
Don't act like you don't understand,
my voice and my words are clear.
So now that I'm almost finished don't think this poem is done,
'cause for all that you know
this is still part one!

4 comments:

  1. Yo check this out!
    This is a crazy poem!
    Even I get chills readin' this!
    Now I hope I got what it takes to be in the slam!




    DUHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Migg, this is Marz.

    I can't believe this is just your draft! i think it's crazy, but at the same time i feel like it's more like a rap than a poem. Why you be getting angry if someone says that it's a rap? It is what it is alright. I might be wrong, but hey, that's just my opinion.

    (can't wait to read your final man)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miguel,

    Clearly, you've intended to step your game up. And again, as I've mentioned to you, when you start earlier, you get beter feedback than waiting till the dire end and stressing. So...

    Very interesting. Really, very interesting. You've never been one to hold your tounge, so why would you bother now. This is a great example of aggressive, braggado. It's good, slam worthy with some more tinkering. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HHHHHHHOOOOOTT....TTT..TTT POOOOOEEEEM!!!!!! Miguel you rocked the clock, you can't be stopped, its time to rock and miguel's poem is hot!!! (:(:

    double happy faces. weeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete