Apr 19, 2006

Antigua forever

As i talk out loudit's not a beat that comes out my mouth
it's my Antiguan heritage that must be kept hostage
Cuase my launguage is not known to the untrained eye
I talk for my familly and me, myself and I
I love my dilect, it helps me to reflect to eject all these american ways that must not stay
As i talk out loud
it's not a beat that comes out my mouth
it's my Antiguan heritage that must be kept hostage
There's no Jamaican in me can't you see
I'm not black yellow or green
As you listen to how i speak you confuse me
for something I'm not
I am red, blue, white, black, yellow and a island that's hot
I am the pink sand on the beachthat is truely unique
I have a strong desire to go on with my culture and not as an american polture
The American Music is hot
but it doesn't hit that spot
that one spot in my soul that desires soca and colipso
As i speak out loud it's not a beat that comes out my mouth
it's my Antiguan heritage that must be kept hostage
I feel like i'm being torn apart
but i'll always remember that that Antiguan is my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment