Apr 20, 2006

Last time

I like prompts that lead me no where
cause i know with out them im gonna end up going somewhere,
we,us with this poetry thing we gonna end up famous
ya keep on performing and doin ya thing and i'ma keep on writing and making it intriguing
I ain't never scared to get on a stage and say how i feel
but i relized that this poetry thing is the real deal
I'm like a mock trial type
ya know i damn sure like to argue and put up a fight
I like to enforce law and make it my fort
Oh Well, if they don't like it they could just get out cause this is my court
Even though i refuse to write poetry
It has really made a person out of me
Like now i really live for stupidity
If it's not mauricio talking about how sexy his girl is
or miguel who just want to meet my fist
they make me laugh
'cause our personalities just seem to clash
we got wayne and his acting success
and we got Edwin with his 99% average who ain't tryin to regress
we got Omar who's my "buddy" but sometimes he shunds me
Issaka who's real cool but sometimes he asks like a damn fool
Karen oh Karen what to do
Sometimes i wonder if we could really stand in each others shoes
Ryan a soft spoken person until now has shown an proven himself
Then we got Mr. Craig OH MY GOSH
talking about him gives me a head rush
This whole poetry team really means something to me
'cause this time is our last year
syke just playing
'cause sooner or latter we gonna get back together and we gonna
get back together and talk poetry, scream poetry, yell poetry
So much that there
could be a possibility that we will hate poetry
NEVER POSSIBLE
'cause without poetry half of us would not be able to
speak cause poetry gave us
voices
choices
It gave us a way to communicate
It gave us our mind
our body
our soul
Sometimes through hard times it kept us whole
Sometimes I know for a fact that poetry has taught me how to act
it allows me to to think what i want to think
Then go back and reflect and eject all negativity
going through these three years has brought me a couple of friends
and one best friend
'cause before i had no reason to feel because there was no one i could reel to release my
energy poetry has made me
Sometimes i sit with in my bed wondering how the hell am I going to get my emotions out
then next thing i know i got a pen in my hand readty to write !man!
poems poems poems
sometimes i
wite poetry
i talk poetry
i dance poetry
I sing poetry
i dream poetry
I cry poetry
I shout poetry
I clap poetry
I clap poetry cause poetry is clapping for me routing me on making sure I do everything to the best of my abilities
Back then in the 6th grade i wasn't shy but in poetry class i thought i could just get by
Reciting poetry wasn't my thing after seeing these slam poets i thought it would be easier to learn how to sing
i spoke crappy lines, i wrote crappy lines. My lines soon relized that i had some cries to cry.
i had never let my emotion shine
i wouldn't cause i couldn't think up a rhyme
i was thinking of trying out this time
since this is my last year
i wouldn't dear interfear with the soon to be famous poetry team
They have become like a math problem they always
have a average, median and mean
meaning
meaning
I beleive that they have been put on this earth to speak oot
to shout to everyone
what should be said
what should be heard
This poetry team has made something out of them selves
They have proven themselves
I have proven myself
I think we have all proven our selves
making it this far and exceeding to Highschool
and moving on to something
bigger and better
I like prompts that lead me nowhere cause i know whith out them i'm going to end up going somewhere
ain't nobody can stop us
cause we going to be famous
don't get in my way cause
i'm going to the top


This poem is to be continued...................

2 comments:

  1. Damn Carissma, I hate to use Issaka's lines, but that was hot! I'm thouroughly impressed. i wish I could say surprised, but I'd like to believe we all knew you had it in there somewhere. I'm just overwhelmed and overjoied that you're finally letting some of it out to see some sunshine! And about disrupting the team...there's always a way for a poet to be a poet, and we are a team whether you are a performer or not.

    I love it; keep it hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carissma hi carissma how u doin
    applesauce is hot

    ReplyDelete