Apr 30, 2006

OH MY F*CKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night was just captivating, lord! i will never forget it, I mean, LEMON ANS MOS DEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE!!!! I admire Lemon and MOS DEF is admired by like every poet, and the funny thing is...they wasn't what was captivating, PHILLY WAS!!! Nah, i'm just playing, every city did what was suppose to be done, NYC, Seatlle, Philly, San Francisco, and Providence (I think that was the name). My GOD, the styles and the things we (145 complex poets) haven't seen yet...it was just beautiful. DEfinitely made me forget what happen Saturday and Friday (I needed that after the break-up). Yo....we already known by a few of these people and we are GREAT cuz we're full of Greatness...just wanted to let ya know that what ya saw last night is going to be nothing to what it's gonna be like when we get there...because of the fact that we're going be part of the competition and i just know it's going to be crazy. I have to say that Philly was my favorite City of the night, i;m pointing them out because they were new and they were just seriously feelin their poetry and the crowd, they left me feelin inside out, their lines, their attitudes, their diversity, their passion, and i truly believe that so far that was the best Poetry Slam Team i ever saw, MY GOD!!! They were just gettin to me throughout the whole night (and so did every other team, but Philly got to me the most, thats all). And Providence, was just unique because of their Poetry and they.....knocked themselves in the first round!!! And still got one of two 30's. This Night was just...so emotional.

I also wanna say that we all should start posting more comments at least, i'm tired of seeing over 50 poems and "1 comment, 2 comments, 1 comments, 0" for like the last 10-15 posted poems. Another thing is that we should go to Fish's workshop, Mr. Algarin's ofcourse are special to us, but i've gone to one besides his before and it's nice to be at a place were everyone is going cuz they "want"to do poetry. I'm talking about the fact that less than only about half of the class is interested in the Slam (Don't think I'm talking about Mr. Algarin. That's the real Mastermind and didn't ya ever wonder why i only insult Mr. Craig and Mr. Donohue with metaphors, it's cuz I know i definitely can't mess with Mr. Algarin!!!). And plus, let's see some other poets besides ourselves.

PEACE (I wanted to write a poem but, don't expect them yet...i got mad homework ansd i don't got all the time in the world at granny's cuz she go out more than me and she has to take wit her)!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/30/2006

    True.... very true..... we all should start postin more comments and I know when we enter iit is gonna be on hell of a slam. All the teams did extremely well and deserve to be in the finals. THey only had one month and I gotta say that I was amazed. Everything u said was true. And sooner or later we gonna be past their level of poetry. I just have a feelin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mauricio, I've gotta admit that I'm glad someone is starting to use this as a reflection/impression tool as well as a place for our written pieces. It's always good when we share our insights; never know when someone else might be feeling the same way and might just need a spark to get them thinking about it. Worst case: no one reads it or no one else cares; best case: everyone reads it and contributes his/her own two, or three, or four cents as well.

    To piggy back on some of your statements, I too was impressed at the levels of maturity and talent displayed by all the teams representing their corners of the world. Like Wayne mentioned, judging must be ridiculously hard, and I wouldn't have wanted to be in those seats. I swear I saw more raw talent and charisma displayed on that stage than I've seen in ten years on MTV, BET FUSE, MUN2 or any other network combined. No labels, no blurred out advertisements, no agents or marketing, no phoney press junkit shoot-outs, or thinly veiled promotional "beef" between the poets. Just pure, raw, undiluted talent and emotion. Very much neede today, and very much appreciated by all in attendance.

    ReplyDelete