Jan 31, 2007

And the Tide of Awesome Keeps flowing....

So, after a ridiculous display of teamwork, togetherness and sheer talent, the second phase of the SlamFam, also known as 2.0, has won their first 7/8 Division Bronx WRITeS Poetry Slam. Excited though they were, it wasn't without the support of all you local poets, old classmates, and friends from other grades that came out to support them that they were able to pull off the ridiculous. We now stand as the 3 time back to back to back and 4 time total 7/8 division champions. Pride people, 145 pride!

Then I check my email while I sit awaiting my ride, and what do I spy...

Dear Mr. Moss,

First and foremost, congratulations to you and your students for being awarded the Gold Key award by Scholastic and the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards in Poetry.

Please let each of the following students, their parents and teachers know of their accomplishments:

Jesica Blandon, Arturo Toscanini - Gold Key in Poetry
Justine Brown, Arturo Toscanini - Gold Key in Poetry
Angela Deoki, Arturo Toscanini - Gold Key in Poetry

We would also like to invite you, Jesica, Justine and Angela to the Scholastic Festival on Friday, February 9th. Please join us for dinner and the Poetry and Spoken Word Festival at the Scholastic Theater. Dinner is at 5:15 pm and the Festival is from 7:00 - 8:15 p.m....



It's getting harder and harder to not come off sounding cocky, but I've got to applaud and congradulate you all for your tireless efforts in and out of the classroom, and for your awesome support of each other.

Keep on keepin' on!

7 comments:

  1. oh my god!!! this is so great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/01/2007

    damn man, I juzz keep missin everythin good don't I?? I'm styll doin poetry but it ain't da same w/o u guys now, now u guys r baq on top, Champs once more, dats da best, I bet u wouldn't have it any other way

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, snap!!! congrats everyone!!! Keep the Dynasty going!!!!!!!!! And, all of u who got invited to the Festival bettr fucking GO!!! Cuz those are the most most fun!!!

    And, Craig, i wanted to go tomorrow to the preliminaries, but my mom said it i couldn't cuz i'm only home for three dayys and she wants me to be home, but PLEASE keep me up-to-date on what happens...Wayne, Migg, and Omar, are trying out again right? Fuck, i'm so pissed i wanted to see it again...hope ya make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you've developed a foul mouth; I know they're not teaching you that up there in the mountains... Anyway, it's cool that you're back home for the weekend. Enjoy your family time man, it's gotta come first. I'll keep you posted. Hey, while you're here, you should really do something to update your MySpace page - it's kinda stale man...lolol

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw man...i...im flabbergasted
    (trying to use my vocab.)... wow congrats 145!!!
    WE UNDEFEATED!!!
    SLAMFAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/09/2007

    Congrats,
    I never coached you guys when I was with Dreamyard, but I have always dug the work you all and Mr. Craig do. Keep up the good work.
    Remember to write is to call new worlds into existence. Your words go deep than a slam score, you change the world every time you put pad to pen and open your mouths.

    Peace and Metaphors,
    Toro

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!! i only got the silver key when i entered, and all three of u guys got the gold key...that is awesome!!!!
    definately made my day today. keep on writing and letting us know your accomplishments, REPPING 145!!!!!

    ReplyDelete