Jan 17, 2007

Munchies (the poem I'M use for the slam)

Got the munchies for this luv of music
want my love to massage my ear drums
until it causes them to bleed a
red water fall of pain and pleasure
but since the music stop playing
all I have to satisfy me
is the loyalty of my friends
and their truthful words,
to fill me up
when my cup is a lil empty.
Take my wallet and give my enemies my 2 cents
cause yes-
I'm open minded
even if you do not like it
I don't care
I'm the type of child with
Thee diverse personality
I call unique
some call me a psycho.
Forever and a day
shall I remain insane
got my back to the wall screaming
I don't want my words to die yet
I'm to poetic not to be heard
as my friends say
"who really listens to a 13 year old girl?"
I tell them I do and I think you should too
so they reply "iight well that's nice for you"
then I come back like Mase did
saying well face it
I'M truthful
even if it hurts.
truth is I got the munchies for some true friends
cuz I only have a few and that's nto including you.
Gotta make some changes in my life
seems things ain't going right
but I would never ever pick up a knife!
Instead I will pick up my sword-my pencil
and slay thee mightier warrior-my parents
I'm not conceited and
I'm really not that confident
even though
I got the brains,
got the talent,
I'm be honest
I got it all...But the effort!
My parents would lynch me
if they saw my 2nd making period grades
though I don't know why because they're always the same
I'm hungry for some brains
See I'm to busy trying to buy them new Nikes
cuz maybe then
the new boy might like me
but it's so remarkable how
on some days I'm willing to spend $100 on sneakers
yet wouldn't give over $50 to the homeless-
problems?-yes
I think so
but I can't let no one know
cuz then they'll make me hug myself all day.
So instead I stay unspoken
the child with such a loud voice...
saying nothing, unheard, yet her understands.
The one in the corner all alone
cuz she feels betrayal
from her fellow blacks
that lack
common sense
really need to realize
nigga was a word once used for blacks
while blacks had the hunger like me to be free
only leaving their footprints in history
we ran back towards it.
Hold on one more time
munchies for some kindness
maybe a fantasy of a dream
and a dream of a fantasy,
but soon the fantasy is ruined
death is brought among it
next thing I know
I gotta put on a show
cuz no it wasn't just suicide!
but they don't know
I memorized these fake lines
filling bull into their ears wondering do they really hear
hear how he was so careful
in they way he slowly killed my hopes and dreams
and how I watched him do it.
OK so it is his fault or should I say
my fault?
cuz my lover couldn't have me
so he crushed my dreams with his words
and melted my heart with his eyes.
I got the munchies to snitch
but now that the deed is done
I still feel that I have not won.
Up it's them munchies again!
Got the munchies to being devoted this year
I seem to be doing good...
I started five minutes ago.
I also got a plan to get lost in dreaming about tomorrow
and tomorrow dream about today
and then when the day after tomorrow comes
I'll think about what happened yesterday.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/19/2007

    I really couldn't tell wat u can do wit actionz wen it comes 2 performing but I'm sure u can drop ya 2 centz lolz, I kno u can do dis I wanna c a performance tho lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wuz Paris Hilton, I'd know what to say..."That's so hott!"
    lol.
    ne wayz, i heard that this was actually a freewrite...is that true?
    and if it is...it's one hell of a freewrite.
    I can tell that you're probably gonna have a hard time memorizing this,
    but just hang in there and don't give up on it.
    I can also tell that you're probably gonna get tired like in the middle of the poem, but if you do, u gotta stay on point and don't lose interest b cuz people can tell, then they'll lose interest iight!
    I'll be at the slam so...c u there.

    Stay focused, on point and...

    PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cudn't believe but today mr.c made me say it and i memorized it well most of it i missed two lines. he said it was good. yea it was a free write wit that guy u go to see on weds. mr.c was wurkin on it wit me. im bout to practice it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, you haven't heard her drop this one...It's ridiculous how easy she makes it look. (Not to blow up her head..., but really, you've gotta hear her!) Anyway, Taylor, the minor adjustments we made on Saturday are important. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem took a lot of work!! Good luck.You are a winner just in writing this piece!

    ReplyDelete