Jan 22, 2007

Let's roll!!!

All right everybody, I know I posted this on Wayne's comment, but the slams are here again; the 8th grade group is on the 25th, Thursday, 11:00 am in our library. 6th grade (yeah, that's right, another three year mission) is also Thursday, but at 1:00 pm, after lunch. Please come out and support the future if you can, and anybody else that's local, you gotta make it, please...Miguel, Carissma, Tracy, Ariel, Micheal, Miguel, Omar...Yomar...come on out, I know it's Regents week, you should have some time!

Also, The citywide slam is coming up again, we're attending the first round preliminaries on Saturday February 3rd. If you want to roll with us, as in watch or perform, please get you words together, get your skills sharpened up again, and let get'em. Come on, we sent Maurico last year. How's about sending at least two of the fam this year. Jesica and Taylor (maybe) are already signed up...Miguel, Wayne, Carissma, Omar - ya'll game?

Come on, what have you got to lose except an afternoon?

7 comments:

  1. what do u mean jesica, maybe? u know I’m doing it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all...i must be very important because you put my name twice.(Your bad)

    ne wayz, I started this new poem called "Think about life" and I think I'ma use it 4 da citywide slam "thing-a-ma-jig"

    It's really deep, and contains a hell lot of figurative language and sarcasm, i'll post it when I'm done with it...

    or...should...I?

    ne wayz, i'll be there for support on thursday, so c ya there.

    Laturrr!!!

    (PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I typed your name twice, I suppose that was a sub-conscience slip...or was it...

    Either way keep working on it. I know there was a bit of frustration after last years prelims, and I'd like to see you do better this year... Post it if you want some feedback. You still going to see Fish on Wednesdays?

    Jesica, if you looked closely, the ? was after Taylor's name, not yours...silly. I know you're down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/23/2007

    yo i will definitly be there for the 8th grade performance but i have a performance that day and i have to be at school by 1:00 so and im actually thinking about the competition because for some reason now that im not doing poetry iv been able to freestyle just by lookking aroung me and i wrote some of them down so ill give it a try


    By Carisma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/23/2007

    Im coming for the 8th grade peformance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/25/2007

    DAMN IT!! I wanna do da city wide slam but obivously I am 111 milez away from da city so dat sux, I'm planning on coming baq Feburary 15, as far mah poetry concerns is hmm.....I NEED YALL HELP!! I'm juzz not feeling it like I used 2 I need sum inspiration, I wanna c mah pplz perform once again but dats gonna b hard considering I can't b dere..I wanna c how da new generation of 145 poets perform n how 145 is w/o us lolz

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey wats up guys, i got major news for ya. as for the urban word competion, the philly team is on their way. i went to the slam competion in philly and Josh Bennet who was on the team last year for NY won a spot on the team or something. it gonna be good competion but 145 slamfam and its new generation will definetly give them a run for their money. i miss u guys so much, and like ryan said, i seriously wish i could've been there...

    ReplyDelete