Jan 9, 2007

That just proves I watched my Barney before and after pre school .


So what I write about suicide and irrational lies
That doesn’t mean I’m stuck in a dark place of solitude
That just proves I watched Barney before and after pre school .
But u know what the real messed up thing is
no one ever told me that what I wrote bothered them
To much imagery to specific for ya ?
didn’t think I could write this way unless I did these things ?
But I bet cha George Orwell never heard a pig talk
Does that make him crazy ?
I mean he did write animal farm.
13 and my writing is to power full for your mind to comprehend
So u tell my mother I’m a little messed up in my head
So now before she lays down in her bed she ask if any thing wrong
fighting to stay up after me
cuz she fears the site she might see if my hands got on that big knife while she’s asleep
Worst part of all I’m stuck asking myself if I really do need help
All because I was put in a position that almost cut me off from all the sanity left in me
Stuck asking myself if ill end up like the hurt and pained people in my poetry.
And then elders call my generation sex crazed and selfish or my favorite
“sit on yaw little asses complain and don’t do a thing about it.”
But look what happens when I try to give u my perspective of some lost adolescents
U automatically lose site of my message and secretly think I’m asking for help when really
All I’m saying is that I know help is needed.
My teacher wanted this powerful writing but maybe she never accepted this out of me
that only means she underestimated me .
And when I underestimate myself u say I’m crazy because “ I’m capable of accomplishing any thing”
See u make no sense to me and when I say “u”
U know who I’m referring to.
Those pretended to be I’m just the best person I can be and I only try to see the best in the people that surround me.
Can u believe they want me to write about bunnies and rainbows
Hey u know what let me try
Here goes
Suzy got a rabbit today
And she played and played
Until the rain went away.
Yawl
Hey wake up see what I mean u never want to here these things
At lest not from me .
See all I want is for people not to question my creativity and mix it up with insanity
Because I write about suicide and irritation lies
Cuz all that proves is that I watched Barney before and after pre school.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/11/2007

    damn jesica that is a strong poem i really like it

    Carissma

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....i don't really know what to say,
    but next time I read one of your poems I'll listen to the message,
    and not take it the wrong way.
    Because I understand how much it irks you that people comments won't go away.
    Like when people talk rumors to loved ones, because they sware they feel your pain.
    When the only reason you pissed sometimes is because your frustration may turn to hate.
    But you need to remember,
    the only reason people talk is because they don't want to lose you.
    Don't get it twisted, they really want to help.
    Don't let it confuse you.
    Not everyone is really good at reading between the lines.
    That's why when people read your poems, they have to reach out to you at sometime.

    Iight, lemme stop rhyming.

    Jesica you're not the most important person in my life, but you're definately in the top 10. Just remember that when we ask "What's wrong?"
    We're just tryna show you that we care...1...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/12/2007

    i like cha poem too. i also 2nd wat miguel said. we jus ask cuz we care, and im one of the people who suck at reading between the lines lol. i luv ya poetry though i jus wish u knew this :)

    ReplyDelete