Nov 28, 2005

MY PAIN

My name is Wayne Rodgers and the title of my…
You know what scratch the title of my poem because my poem will not be summed up in a word or two, not summed up in a verse because you, you do have to hear my message
You see, Jesus Christ gave up his life for us but some people wanna take their lives, I must, I must try to awaken, the godforsaken, poetry making, emotion locked up deep down in our brains, the emotion that switches sane to insane, the emotion that is quite well untamed, the crazed emotion called… pain.
Many people experience pain once or twice, for example the biggest experience of pain was after the great days of Black and White, how people began to think that life needs to be more bright and when they decided to turn on those neon colored lights they could not belive the sight, the sight of; my eyes, my mouth, my nose,…. my SKIN
That’s the title of my poem, now for the stanzas or yellow brick road to the end or beginning of my journey to explaining the origin of my pain, one cause is America, you see,
At times this nation can make you fell that you ain't rich enough to die, rich enough to cry, rich enough to ask why something gotta be like this, we can't have a fit or the government is sneaky they will have us quick

The so called greatest nation with a govenment of hating races, they hate our colorful faces
They're the so called greatest nation of all, they've never taken a fall but you know what they have taken a blow before
They've taken there own blows Bush left them and god knows he left them for a few days is he thinking is he crazed, the vision of a great nation is fazed but I ain't amazed
They say Bush don't like black people but I'm not one for controversy, there is no monster verse "see", I'm just here to explain my thoughts and dreams for you all to see.
Disney says a dream is a wish your heart makes, so I'm telling ya to follow your dreams within your dreams, because life ain't what it seems, you gotta believe, you gotta achieve and one day you will see

Slaves were forced to do jobs, forced to be mobbed
and if you think about it this nation would not be without the favor or should I say hard working labor of us black saviors

Pain caused by a lost of one point and how later on left unknowing on what is a poem, The pain of being lost, not lost in the sense of where I am but who I am and where we are meaning in which point of time we are in, I thought i knew sometime before but this is now not then, you see, I once had an urge to go on, a rush, my words were swen, swen together to make a visual of life better, better for you, me, hope and life to be
you see, what I wanted to say or explain was confined behind the bars of my mind but it was hard to explain the words deep down in my brain but I always tried anyway

The dictionary says a poem is a composition in verse. To me a poem is what I feel, who I am, and what is real, its my heart, my rhyme, my effort and time
My definition of a poem is life itself

To wrap up my poem or composition in verse I'd like to tell ya to change the Earth

Live your life right and don't give up the fight,
live it free cause freedom ain't free,
take every step like it was your last and be who you want to be Leave the heartache of lost ones, thoughts of guns behind you
My name is Wayne "Way J" Rodgers and the title of my poem is
“MY PAIN”

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/29/2005

    that was sooooooooooooooooooooooo moving it brought tears to my eye like when my mom make thanksgiving dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K.
    so i just finished writin' my poem and i come upon a poem called my pain.
    so i read it then my jaw drops........so now i guess i just needs to say............................... .................................. .................................. I'M JEALOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete