Nov 10, 2005

New Era

Make way for the one and only
The number one poet judge solely
On how I make my poems and how I say them
I'm not the person that raids them

I am the new generation can anyone stop me?
My poems are crazy, people just don't copy
People just don't know a wave is on the way
Now people try to step up but have nothing to say

I am the new era in this business
Now people are coming up with all sorts of craziness
Soon I'm going to have my show
For people who know my flow
That's they way it goes

People want to say something but they know they can't
They worried and scant
And now everyone going to make some rhymes
And they are killing their time
Because no one can stop me
They don't know because they didn't see
Me in action and how I perform
They think I'm just a kid in uniform

It's a new Era make way for a new time
I'm spitting these crazy rhymes in my lines
But now listen to this
I'm making more rhymes I'm making a list

Yes indeed and while you sit around
I'm literally you to the pound
I'm approaching and quite quiet
I'm powerful I'm my own silent riot

Okay what are you going to say?
Don't you want to play?
My little game you already lost
Meet my trainer it's Mr. Craig Moss

Now you're lost my fog
Try to breathe in but now its clog
Feel the pressure you're going to choke
In front of your family and own folk

A New Era is coming towards you
Your eyes turned gray and the sky is blue
You're scared and it's curtain close
Now I'm finally going to destroy my horrible foe

Make way for the one and only
The number one poet judge solely
On how I make my poems and how I say them
Now everyone saying I've already lost to him

Even if I've made a error in this era
A new one's coming and I'm pulling together
I'm pushing forward and everyone jealous
But no one not even you can come close to this

My line knocks you out
Come on now there's no reason pout
Just try next year because my time is now
I use words that are not allowed

Words that make you think
I'll take your adipose, dissipated image to the brink
And skate around you like a rink
And just like quicksand, make you sink

Be circumspect I'll tell you now
I'll take your smile and put it upside down
I'll take that grin and make you frown
Who's good now?

Even if I've made an error in this era
Even though I'm clever
Even if it's my last year my diamonds are forever
It's just a new era

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/10/2005

    5.....
    4.....
    3.....
    2.....
    1.................................
    THIS WAS THE WORLD PREMIRE.
    WORLD WIDE THIS IS NEW ERA!!
    But after the the open mic this may not be the slam poem. But it is one of the best. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYAN, don't put yourself down because of their greatness (EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE). we all have the potential to be as great as them, maybe even better.

    Now for the poem: to me i think you forced the rhymes to much and there were many errors...not era...errors (just joking). But for real, I kinda liked your other poems better, I would have to see you perform it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan im sorry but this poem just doesnt seem like a poem u would write.
    now there is a good and bad thing about that.
    the good is that u are flipin the script and makin people get surprised that u are capable of writin this.
    now the bad thing is that when u perform this poem it might seem like its not yours-not sayin that u copied cuz i know u didnt it might just sound weird to most people, maybe ill need to hear you perform it first,
    but other than that its a descent poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know first, i was aggreeing with everybody else that this poem was not sounding like you. But now, i stll think that it does not sound like you, but it sounds like something written by you. There were a few times when i did think you were forcing the poem to rhyme, but other than that it was "alright". I'm sorry Ryan, but you dissapointed me. I mean, acid rain seemed like the real deal so i expected this poem to be better. But hey, i could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo ryan this poem is good but it's not u . or maybe it is and u just never showed this side of ur self before it's a good poem

    ReplyDelete