Jun 11, 2006

Standing Tall!

Were movin’ on up…
Damn what was that line...?
Were moving’ on up… to…Bigger Times
We finally got our peace of…
Of The Sky!

Cause just like the sun it’s our time to shine
Our Life lies on the fine lined print
& that fine lined print defies the law of our mentality, for a few seconds life is no more a reality,
Our fatality lies…on that fine lined print,
And that fined lined print defines if…
His, her, my, your mind locked behind the bars of freedom
His, her, my, your mind stifled behind the chloroform of life
His, her, my, your mind trapped within the vortex of time
His, her, my, your mind is all on the line…of that print

You see, we don’t need a card to tell us what’s what
Cause its you that knows if you’re gonna stand with us or continue tying your shoes,
You’re your fine lined print…

You see, I always write about what’s right in my writing
Except for today…
I can’t tell you what I was planning writing cause then it wouldn’t have fit on my page,
It wouldn’t have kept up with my brain that’s contained within concrete walls,
And these concrete walls are slightly cracked,
So when this compact brain gets way to packed,
Poetry seeps thru and is then recited to you,
You, my many listeners, listen to my last Jr. high 1 minute and something seconds poem,
We came in hatin’ it and were leaving….. not hatin’ it as much
But it was such an experience finally completing Jr. high now its time to cut the junior
And finally get HIGH!...
High School, cause you know without an education that would make us fools

After this I’ll get to know my pillow and blanket a little better
And remember how I hid my blue school’s pride under a hoody sweater
But yet uhh… I was still proud…
Proud of how we won every round of mock trials, poetry slams, anything else you can think of.
Cause once us tigers put our heads together no one else can beat us…
We spend so much time together its like were brothers and sisters…
Yo we spent more time with each other than our own brothers and sisters.

This is certainly what we all needed…heh…I hate to say it but let’s make like M.J. and just beat it!


We watched as we set it up,
We would cry if it were to fall,
Here we all stand hand in hand,
United
Standing tall,
We fought off every single obstacle that’s in our way,
We fought off every single obstacle that’s in our way,


We watched as we set it up,
We would cry if it were to fall,
Here we all stand hand in hand,
United
Standing tall,
We fought off every single obstacle that’s in our way,
We fought off every single obstacle that’s in our way…

2 comments:

  1. Yo I finally Did it...WOOOOO
    I finally made the transition poem.
    It just poured out and it came out HOT!!
    if u think its whack hold on till I perform it.
    YEEEEAAAHHH!!!
    I did it woo....
    Oh yeah, To Issaka: Say sumthin now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pulchritudinous...hehe, I love Edwin.

    ReplyDelete