Jun 14, 2006

TRansition

How is that we evolved from writing about the constant game play of video games of our video game systems which I still play, but not constantly
To writing about current issues that are affecting our lives like infecting a product at a factory
I first wrote about my Xbox, but now I just simply exited out of the box
I stopped making plays in my video games and started doing play on words, my adjectives were linebackers, my metaphors were wide receivers, a rhyme was my halfback, my subject was my quarterback, and my linemen were every word in between
From breaking controllers because you still didn't get pass that 7th level,
To breaking pencils in half because you have that first line of that poem but don't know where to go from there, to breaking it again once more because you read that line over and it didn't make any sense anyways
We've reached the unreachable level and now it is our turn to teach
My team is a leech, because from the beginning to the end we absorb...we draw...and we still taking in all of the attention and tension from the crowd
The combustion starts because we're packing heat and the spotlight is on us and we're finally done with the suction so we spit back the tension which is now just now emotion
From writing at such a slow pace to typing with each of my fingers looking like they were trying to win a race
With a writing utensil my pencil and my thoughts were playing freeze tag and seemed that my pencil had plenty of lead but my thoughts were still 2 lines ahead
We are each others radios
And when these radio waves arrive at the shore of other peoples' ears they know they want more, and we're more than a just a group young poets, we're tigers that soar
Sometimes I think the reason why stutter or have trouble speaking so much is because I've always had these rubies and gems, and jewelry in my mouth so when I was saying a poem I was always spitting gold
And the reason why I spit so much is because I get so excited, I become a flame that was just lighted, and I melt my gold so it gets turned into liquid, so, my melted gold gets sprayed on all of ya
I cannot believe our progress, from having pebbles of inspiration, to having diamonds of passion that every jeweler wants, but please tell Jacob they're not for sale
Not because I don't want the money, but because these diamonds are attached to my spine and if you were to remove them I would become motionless and I would rather die than have that experience

(This is the shortened version)(I can't say this right with just 2 minutes!!!)(What else should i cut?)


No comments:

Post a Comment