Jun 13, 2006

Transtions-Revised by Da Joker

See, I used to hate it.
But now I don’t wunna leave Junior High.
I don’t know why.
Do I seriously have great feelings for my friends?
I guess cause it’s the end
Of our friendships, and
Our poetic ambition.
I’m sick and tired of all this talk of transition.
It’s not even over, and I’m already startin’ to miss them.
I guess losin’ ya is my greatest fear.
I feel like ya driftin’ away slowly,
But ya all still standin’ here.
Soon, we’ll be movin’ on from 25-cent juices, to a can of beer.
This might be the last time we see each other, how can we cheer?
Most of ya going out of state, man this ain’t fair.
Ya seriously going places, I kid you not,
Cause while your high schools are far away, mine is up the block.
At least we can look back at our school, and not be ashamed of nothin’,
Cause when it comes to 145x, believe that we’re proud of it.
In our school, the slamfam is legendary,
Cause in our school we’ve left a legacy.
So, when people put us down with their words, with our words we fight it!
Because when it comes to poetry, we all stand united.
We all are standing tall.
United we stand, divided we still don’t fall.
But we’re stronger together,
And we about to split up, and for that I’m pissed off.
I’m not even afraid to admit that I’ma miss ya’ll.

No comments:

Post a Comment