Oct 14, 2006

The Meaning

My pen runs across a blank page of unfulfilled dreams
and it "seems" I've finally lost all hope...
And it hurts,
Because all the work and shit I put into this craft
it won't last,
I gotta make more to sore past any block in my obstacled life,
But time after time my mind gets locked,
my poems contain no plot,
But I gotta top myself to be on top,
but I gotta knock myself down to show everyone what I got
keep planting these worded seeds but have no poetic crops,
I said ima slam poet but damn..What if IM not,
I guess what IM experiencing is writer's block.

Shocks shock up and down my spine,
as I see myself grind on poetic lines
that can not be written,
My mind's trippin off my addiction of raw emotions,
floatin down an endless stream of dreams of who I wanna be, But to show dis I gotta supposedly write it down and perform it to you,
just to show or prove what I feel but I feel I can no longer do this shit,
I can no longer think, write, move or shoot my spit,

Looks like im doin good but
80 percent chance ima lose dis shit,
right now im scared ima trip, slip, flip over my tongue
go thru the rest poem mumblin on and on,
Hope my nervousness of dis 1 minute poem isn't shown
Cause i really want dat cash but better yet dat poetic throne

Dis is a little sample of wat i cud do i hope wat i did really helps me go thru.


4 comments:

  1. I GOT IT BACK!!!! YES YES YES!!!
    Yo i was sittin in english class wen it came to me...
    hey tell me wat u think..its not done!
    and Mr.c I asked zora (apollo girl who ran at mos def), if u had to be in the sessions to be apart of the poetry contest and she said no.
    she gonna give me the info monday..hope she remembers.
    and if im lucky i'll use dis in the second round if i make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Apollo girl who ran at Mos Def..." that's funny man, you still have a beautiful way with words. I posted some feedback over on your myspace page, but just to reiterate (say again, ina different way...) I think you're off to another great Wayne start. I can definitely see you in the spotlight hurling this at your audience. I only beg to be seated in the first row...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh, Wayne...
    iight so i c dat u tryna give me sum competition wit ya new poems.
    iight i gotchu,
    but i got a poem comin along called...well it don't got a title, but it's about growin up and gettin out the old life styles of a kid.
    it's iight, ima post it when i feel its da right time.
    but, watch ya self wayne.
    we not teammates in dis competition,
    we enemies...c u at da slam wayne...
    ~1~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/21/2006

    a person who tries, can never fail in mah heart
    Wayne u never lost ur touch, ur first poem without us...well how does it feel not havin us to help u along? (damn it was hard 4 me)
    I gonna post in a few days so sit tight
    (no sure if I can top u though lol)
    If I could go 2 a slam I would but that would b impossible. (these ppl don't kno bout slam poetry)

    ReplyDelete