Oct 27, 2006

My New Home

You know…
I came from a real crappy place mixed race
People knew my face and I had friends
It was the same all the time
Never changed from the line
It was…
9-5 they went to their jobs
6-10 the party begins
Then 9-5 they get on with their lives
And 6-10 it happens again
Then it all changed with three simple accepting letters
It was
A
B
C


So have a look at my new chapter book
And see this opportunity that I took
I am just starting school it is just like the BX
But now I feel I go more on the line with the grades and the tests
This is important
According to the guidelines and the rules
This is more than what I expected for high school
I know I’ll have to work and I know what I have to do
But this place is huge compared to my middle school
First few days I was gone astray
Into a place portrayed as a classroom
But really was a boiler room
But what would expect? I was a color speck in this pale sea
Beside who would want to a color person like me?

Yep….its pretty crowded
Nah it’s packed
I pack no slack but pack bags that’s a fact
It will never change I won’t slack off
And I know this is going to be hard
But I am up for the challenge
I am ready to go
Ready for anything, ready to show
My talents, my grades
Going to leave people amazed
Nothing is going to faze me

From that one main goal
“to succeed and to have fun”
Thus is probably one of the most exciting experiences
So much for fearing this high school and
More for preparing this “thing” that I long for
Hmmm……I am not going to say it
It’s more like create it
This “thing “is beginning to feel like home
And I love it; it’s called the ABC home


See…..ABC helps you so you won’t get D’s skip E’s or F’s
Unless you’re ready to fail a test
I used to love the Bronx, I still do
But now I got to “rep” ABC
I got a lot of Family: along with FEP and Slamfam you know these #1 poets
I don’t show it
But I love this place
Going to be hard to leave
All I need to do is accomplish this goal all I need is to believe

No comments:

Post a Comment