Oct 27, 2006

A Soldier

A soldier in a war, he’s under fire
He knew that this war was dead-man for hire
But he knows that he got to lock and load
Because one shot through his heart could mean that his soul is sold
Bombs explode
Packing M16’s and throwing grenades
The only way to live for another day
And he doesn’t thinking about the killing
He thinks about survival
From his arrival and facing his rivals
He knows the deal
He could end up dead on a battlefield
Thinking how horrible his family would feel
This soldier
Has to make decisions
And god forgive him he kills an innocent man
But all a soldier thinks about is a one shot kill or your body would be lying lifeless until
A soldier can see the reality of this game “they play”
A soldier is a pawn while the king is safe far away
But this pawn can never be black or white
Because life is seem through the color of your eyes
What he seem was the one thing no other soldier saw
He recalls the military flaws
I can’t kill “the man” as long as I live
I can shoot my rivals no matter what they did
So I shot myself and I lay dead
So pawn I was that pawn...….The pawn of life of heavy fire of expectations showering from the light
My only way out has one consequence
Put my soul in the devil’s hand and be an eternal hostage

No comments:

Post a Comment