May 22, 2006

Day 7= 555 my antiself

The days of all days
End meets end
Where my life meets death
And I can't
WAIT
My mind is burning is urging
Purging out memories I'll never forget
I relive my life within 5 seconds
And itz the last day of the days of reckoning
Looking back at the past couple days
From
The beginning of my days of reckoning
Through my tauntings and craving just to go to sleep
I can't
WAIT
Till the end is over
And......
A black light appears
And I am not scared
I face this monster and what do I see?......
5 demonic statues stand before me
5
5.....
poets
The slam is coming
Now you have been warned

See what my life has been reduced to
Since day 1= looking ahead at the week
Day 2= can't sleep and working at my poem
Day 3=tried out 4 the team and I can at least get sum sleep
day 4=praying to make the team
day 5=convicing myself no matter what I had made the team
Day 6= well same as day 5
Today= I am at the team

Why I was talking about a boy who was going to die
Because I am that boy and I will die for poetry
Poetry Slams are hell
And I
Will
Be
There

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/22/2006

    The end of the days of reckoning
    THrough the 7 days is was just one big metaphor saying my urge to make the team don't get confused cause each day is one metaphor itself

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW RYAN, this really blew me away, this was great, i enjoyed it to da fullest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting till u were done with all 7 to really comment. So i thought it was pretty cool what u did, keep coming up with different ways of expressing yourself man. The 7th one killed it though, i mean it positively and negatively. Negatively first: The metaphor was first written in the first day poem, but u didn't explain it till the end(actually, that seems hot, but i always like poems to include certain clues or hints leading to the grand finale).
    Positively: Because u had everyone already into the poem, and shocked us by revealing the tru story and it all made sense. A bit like what that poet at the Urban Word NYC Finals(The one who was talking about his girl cheating on him and then revealing to everyone at the end it was just a dream.)

    Ryan...Ryan...i wish i always as consistent as u.
    And...ummmm.and...umm

    WELCOME TO THE TOP 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete