May 24, 2006

Fight the crime
that made me
create a rhyme
that made me shoot for a dime
and that dime allowed me to
get by
but to advance my adiction
to getting high
I tried to get rid of tobacco
but instead of throwing it away
i swallowed it
my stomach would not digest it
my heart rejected it
i'm stuck in this evoLution
that made my mind
create an illusion that
I'm stuck in a institution
i'm being convicted of
mental retardation
but i have tried to
program my mind to perfection
The drugs has taken over
The walls in my mind are
moving
closer
closer
and closer
i've listened to the madical doctors
but they can't stop the drugs from moving through my
blood faster
turn off the lights
of imagination
and open the door of salvation
as you close
your
eyes
you relize
that you see the whites skies
and as you sleep
you dream of the streets
that you walk freely through
wishing that you could
wear somebody
elses shoes
as you sleep
you lie
soft and picture the bright white
skies

1 comment:

  1. I know this is about you-but I like it any way. Never really read ur poetry before and I think im startin to like it.

    ReplyDelete