May 1, 2006

My dream

I once had a dream,
A dream that,
Lasted for
Minutes, hours,
Days, years.
I had a dream that this place we live in
Called the United States of America
Was really united,
I had a dream that instead of
Fighting ourselves
We didn’t fight at all.
My dream was beautiful the sky was blue
& not black from the dirt once used but never threw away.
The grass was green
Since people cleaned after there dogs.
In schools kids learned about
Communication Arts, Math, Science, and History
Instead how to create a fake blunt by only using only,
Loose leaf & chalk.
My dream,
My dream was
Like a master piece
Unable to see
With the naked eye but
Able to see with the eye of Belief.
My dream consumed of
Love, peace & harmony.
My dream inspired
The cripple to walk,
And the mute to talk

My dream was
Something breathe taking
This dream I could
Talk about for days
Even weeks but
Might never come true.
But if it does I’ll be to tired
To enjoy it,
Since I would be the creator.
No I have faith-
My dream will one day
Bloom & come true,
But as I imagined moremy dream ended &
I woke up.
Woke up to my plain
Toxic air breathing
Step in crap every two blocks
My city, my home,
my New York
I woke up
And realized I
Wanted to turn my
Dream into a reality…
So I did…
In my head
To think I did all
This while I was just
Lying in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment