May 1, 2006

What is poetry

What are these poetic lines?
& poetic rhymes?
That flows when the ink
In my pen goes,

What is that when I speak...
People listen to me.
Even though sometimes
It doesn’t rhyme.
It always makes sense
And I made it were my words would
Rinse the world of its evilness.
And clean the dirty mouths of
The devil
And relaxed your mind while I
Spoke my words of wisdom.

Some how
Some way
I use to be able to write for days
And sing for hours
Laugh for years,
Without creating a wrinkle.

But now I can barely speak
Let alone eat
How do they expect me to write?
How do they expect me to be in the poetry slam?
Please knowing me I’ll get cold feet.

Why would they want me to write poetry?
If I don’t even no what it is.
Why would they want me to be a poet of
145 and carry on the honor.
Well I can’t since my back is to sore
My legs can’t move
Tell the truth I don’t know what to do.
All I know is I can’t write poetry
Like they do.

1 comment:

  1. Thank U, my fuck*ng GOD!!!I needed to read something else beside it being by Ryan or Charisma.

    Damn Taylor...didn't know u was really into this poetry thing but i guess u never know. we know all about that, don't we Ryan? Look, i see u like write and that's all u need for now, but if u really wanna be recognized u gotta write a bit more deeply, not saying you're not, but show what u feelin in your writin. u got a strong voice, but we need to hear more of the internal u.

    ReplyDelete